Is that your hand in my back pocket, or did you just issue another executive order?
Three years after the very public pawing and fawning between Chris Christie and Barack Obama, it looks as if the bromance is on the rocks. With the destruction of Hurricane Sandy as the sensuous backdrop, the ectomorphic Chief Executive and the gargantuan Governor were caught by the paparazzi conducting themselves like a couple of horny teens whilst strolling together on the Jersey Shore.
Much like Bill Clinton’s penchant for chubby chasing interns, Obama kept the presidential precedence wheezing along when he went full-on horn-dog for the hefty Christie. But that was then, this is now.
With Obama yet again usurping the US Constitution via executive action regarding the Second Amendment, Christie slammed his ex-BFF by referring to him as “a petulant child”.
This is the same Chris Christie whose slobbering love affair with Obama reached its apex when former Speaker of the House John Boehner experienced his “brief moment of fiscal sanity” as penned by the The Investor’s Business Daily back in 2013. In one of his very few bright moments as Speaker, Weepy John made sure the pork-filled $60.4 billion Hurricane Sandy relief bill was killed in the House of Representatives.
In what the IBD referred to as Boehner’s “brief moment of fiscal sanity” in a Washington, DC scheme that ensured of the $60.4 billion Sandy relief bill, little actually goes to the people in the effected areas of New Jersey and Staten Island, NY.
As cited by IBD, “the estimate of insured losses from Sandy comes in around $20 billion, only one-third the request.” Examples of the billions slated to go other than those effected in New Jersey and Staten Island:
- $28 billion for future “disaster-mitigation” projects.
- $100 million for the repair of all 265 Head Start centers around the country.
- $8 million (+) to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments.
- $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska.
- $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in Washington, D.C.
- $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center.
- $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center of New York.
- $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.
But that didn’t stop Christie from slamming Republicans. Possibly still angered that his buddy Barack was slapped down by the House GOP, Christie flatly stated regarding the closer scrutiny of the Sandy Relief Bill, “There’s only one group to blame, the House [Republican] Majority and John Boehner.”
Again… that was then, this is now. To paraphrase the old adage, “Hell hath no fury like a RINO seeking the presidency.”