Child rapist, murderer finally executed after 26-year wait


Despite confessing to his crimes, the state of Missouri executed the kidnapper, rapist, and murderer of a 15-year-old child. Twenty six years after Roderick Nunley kidnapped, tortured, raped, then hacked to death young Ann Harrison, the punishment he was sentenced to was finally meted out.

As reported by the Associated Press via the Kansas City Star, and also by the Reuters news service by way of Yahoo! News, both on Sept. 1, 2015, after decades worth of appeals to evade the Grim Reaper, the child molester/murderer was pronounced dead at 9:09 p.m. CDT after receiving a lethal injection of drugs at the state’s death chamber in Bonne Terre, Missouri.

It was on Mar. 22, 1989, when Harrison stood in front of her home waiting for her school bus when Nunley and his literal partner in crime, Michael Anthony Taylor, after a crack binge decided to randomly cruise through the neighborhoods of the suburban Kansas City community of Raytown in the car they had just stolen. Spying young Ann waiting on her bus in the early morning daylight, it was then the duo snatched her off the sidewalk, leaving only her books, purse, and flute case as the only evidence she had even been there, as reported by Tony Rizzo of the Kansas City Star on Feb. 25, 2014.

The girl fought back when ordered into the vehicle’s trunk. It was then the two threatened to kill her if she didn’t obey their orders. As reported, the young girl begged for her life, but to no avail. Ann even told them that her parents would give them money for her release. Again, the kidnappers refused.

Quieting the girl down by telling her they were going to take her to a pay phone so she could call her parents, they instead drove to Nunley’s mother’s home in south Kansas City. Taking her to the basement, the child was bound with wire, then raped by both.

The rapists then went to the kitchen where they armed themselves with knives. It was then that a screaming Ann Harrison was brutally stabbed and slashed to death. According to court documents, she was stabbed 10 times in the torso and also had her throat cut.

Taylor also confessed to the crimes and eventually was executed, but only after a 25-year delay by his lawyers. While many anti-death penalty advocates normally cite the high cost of executing the guilty party, the 51-year combined time delays caused by defense attorneys filing multiple motions normally cost the taxpayers millions of dollars worth of legal fees.