Weiner Probe Explodes in Hillary’s Face

New York homosexuals love their Weiner. (Flickr)
New York homosexuals love their Weiner. (Flickr)

The rumors in the shadows of the corridors of power have long been abuzz regarding the questionable sexuality of Hillary Clinton. With that in mind, few would have ever guess that it would be a Weiner that may eventually topple the political aspirations of the former Secretary of State.

Nonetheless, the New York Daily News is reporting that while the FBI was investigating the Anthony Weiner “sexting” case involving lewd photographs exchanged with a 15-year-old girl, “pertinent” evidence was uncovered that link emails between Weiner and his estranged wife, Clinton top advisor Huma Abedin.

While the Feds are so far rather mum on the details of said pertinent emails, but eyebrows are certainly being raised at the timing.

The rumors in America’s newsrooms are flying as to exactly what the FBI may have uncovered, but it’s widely agreed that FBI Director wouldn’t re-open the illegal private server case against Clinton unless there was substantial and serious criminal evidence against her.

In part, Cameron Joseph of the NY Daily News reports;

Hillary Clinton’s got email server problems again — and it’s all because of Anthony Weiner’s junk file.

With less than two weeks to go before Election Day, the FBI said Friday that it has re-opened its probe into Clinton’s use of a private server after discovering a trove of new emails belonging to Weiner’s estranged wife Huma Abedin.

The emails were found on a device belonging to the longtime Clinton aide after federal authorities opened a probe into Weiner’s alleged sexting with a teenager.

“In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation,” FBI Director James Comey wrote in a letter to congressional leaders Friday.

In the letter, Comey said he agreed that the FBI should “take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.”

Although Comey did not elaborate, sources said the new emails came from the ongoing Weiner sexting scandal.

Investigators from Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s office slapped Weiner with a subpoena for his cell phone in September after it was revealed that he had allegedly sexted with a 15-year-old North Carolina girl.

In those texts, Weiner, 52, allegedly sent her shirtless photos of himself under the handle “T Dog.”

The FBI’s announcement also comes as WikiLeaks has released thousands of emails purportedly hacked from the accounts of Clinton campaign aides.

The decision to reopen the probe also puts a cloud over Democrats’ hopes for a big election night — casting doubt over what was looking like a near-lock for a Clinton win and a strong showing for down-ticket Democrats with 11 days before millions of Americans head to the polls.

The re-opening of the probe all but guarantees continued investigations of Clinton by congressional Republicans if she is elected President.

Sources told the Daily News that the House Oversight Committee is considering a last-minute hearing on the topic before the election and asking Comey to come in, possibly as early as Friday.

Clinton’s rival, Donald Trump, and Republicans quickly pounced on the announcement.

“Hillary Clinton’s corruption is on a scale we have never seen before. We must not let her take her criminal scheme into the oval office,” Trump said at a New Hampshire rally, praising the FBI and Department of Justice for having “the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made.”

In response, the crowd roared and chanted, “Lock her up, lock her up.”

“Perhaps — finally — justice will be done,” Trump added.

“Yet again, Hillary Clinton has nobody but herself to blame. She was entrusted with some of our nation’s most important secrets, and she betrayed that trust by carelessly mishandling highly classified information,” House Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement.

“This decision, long overdue, is the result of her reckless use of a private email server, and her refusal to be forthcoming with federal investigators. I renew my call for the Director of National Intelligence to suspend all classified briefings for Secretary Clinton until this matter is fully resolved.”

The vague letter left politicians on both sides of the aisle demanding more information — with Clinton allies furious about the timing and lack of detail in a letter that could badly damage her campaign while Republicans demand the release of the new emails.

Clinton’s campaign was caught by surprise Friday. It took her camp hours to come up with a response — eventually putting out a statement demanding that Comey release more information while calling the letter’s release “extraordinary.”

“FBI Director Comey should immediately provide the American public more information,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in a statement, pushing back against the idea that the FBI had reopened the investigation.

“We have no idea what those emails are and the Director himself notes they may not even be significant. … The Director owes it to the American people to immediately provide the full details of what he is now examining. We are confident this will not produce any conclusions different from the one the FBI reached in July.”

Clinton ignored reporters’ questions as she left her campaign plane for an Iowa event. She didn’t address the still-murky issue during a campaign event in Cedar Rapids.