“Standard Sharia Law punishment for adultery for a woman is slowly stoning her to death…”
India Today published on Nov. 28, 2013 that a listing has recently been compiled in Egypt of some of the more puritanical Islamic Fatwa’s issued during the presidency of now deposed leader Mohamed Morsi.
During Morsi’s brief stint as president, the Muslim Brotherhood and the equally violently straight laced Salafists issued blatantly anti-women fatwas on a regular basis.
Arguably leading the list was the Fatwa (Islamic religious ruling) issued that noted the Arab word for “sea” is masculine, therefore, if and when sea water comes into contact with a married woman’s pelvic area, she literally committed adultery.
According to the Fatwa, she becomes an ‘adulteress’ and should be punished. The standard Sharia Law punishment for adultery for a woman is slowly stoning her to death.
- A prohibition on women “eating certain vegetables or even touching cucumbers or bananas”, due to their phallic imagery which could sexually tempt women.
- Women were ordered “turn off the air conditioners at home in the absence of their husbands as this could indicate to a neighbor that the woman is at home alone and any of them could commit adultery with her.”
- Upon reaching the age of 10, girls should be married “to prevent them from deviating from the right path.”
- A marriage would be annulled if a married couple engages in sexual congress without any clothes on.
- In order to bypass the Islamic law that women shouldn’t be in public with males they weren’t married to or related to, that women could “breastfeed male acquaintances thereby making them relatives and justifying their mixed company”.
- Numerous Fatwas were authorized to use women as human shields during moments of violence.
- Seen as pagan images, Fatwas were issued that “advocated the destruction of the pyramids and sphinx.”
- Sanctioning the execution of anyone who protested against then-President Mohamed Morsi.
- Officially forbad Muslims from greeting any Christians.