- Since when was only six stamps enough to mail a pipe bomb?
- Why aren’t these stamps already stamped cancelled?
- When you contrast this alleged “pipe bomb” to the size of those stamps, that so-called “bomb” is about the size of a tube of Chapstick.
- I’m not saying they don’t exist, but I’m having trouble finding these types of metal pipe caps pictured that are for sale commercially.
Lt Cdr Thomas Sauer, US Navy (Retired) who according to his LinkedIn profile is a Naval Academy graduate and served as the Commanding Officer of a Naval EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) unit, had some rather interesting observations on Twitter regarding this so-called bomb.
A few observations from a former bomb disposal officer (i.e. Me):
1. Proper pipe bombs don’t have wires connected to both ends. That’s dumb.
— Tom Sauer (@thomasbsauer) October 24, 2018
Also posted to Twitter are the opinions of SSgt Joey Jones, US Marine Corps (Medically Retired);
— The Daily Briefing (@dailybriefing) October 24, 2018