Don’t expect to hear much of this from the Establishment Media, but the US Marines were just an integral part in the crushing defeat dealt to the ISIS terrorists occupying their de facto capital city of Raqqa in north central Syria. Continue reading Marine Artillery Rains Hell on ISIS; ‘Burned Out’ Two Cannons
Apparently, a presidential Chief-of-Staff sharing the same definition of patriotism as his boss is now a bad thing.
But that’s only if the C-i-S in question is John Kelly, and the president in question is Donald Trump.
In all fairness, it should also be noted that the ones casting the accusatory finger is none other than the paragon of objectivity and fairness, The New York Times.
As **achem** “reported” by Peter Baker of The Times, the writer bemoans that Kelly hasn’t reigned-in Trump to his satisfaction;
For all of the talk of Mr. Kelly as a moderating force and the so-called grown-up in the room, it turns out that he harbors strong feelings on patriotism, national security and immigration that mirror the hard-line views of his outspoken boss.
Imagine that… a man who spent well over 40 years in the Marine Corps happens to be a solid pro-American patriot. Whoda thunk it?
I’ll admit it – I love Gen Kelly. I love him as a father-figure, as a strong national leader, as a true role model in every sense of the word.
But what I admire most about the man is his strength of character. Specifically, his sense of humility.
Just listen to the general as he describes;
- The hardest job he’s ever had.
- The most important job he’s ever had.
- The best job he’s ever had.
America needs more like John Kelly, and a helluva lot less of the likes of Rahm Emanuel.
John Kelly has been many things in his life; a Marine Corps officer, the Secretary of Homeland Security, Chief-of-Staff for the President of the United States, just to name a few.
But what most Americans don’t know about about General Kelly and his wife, Karen, is that they are both Gold Star parents. They lost their son, 1st Lt. Robert Michael Kelly, USMC, who was killed in combat operations in Afghanistan.
Nonetheless, a certain pip squeak of a politician has taken it upon himself to publicly insult Kelly, as reported by Fox News;
In a statement last Tuesday, [Rep. Luis] Gutierrez said Kelly “has no honor and should be drummed out of the White House along with the white supremacists and those enabling the President’s actions by ‘just following orders.’”
Never serving as much as even a reservist’s weekend duty, the congressman representing the 4th Congressional District, nicknamed “Chiraq” due to the death and destruction that normally follows Democrats in charge, Gutierrez is ostensibly lashing out at President Trump’s adherence to the Constitution in regards to giving Congress a six-month time frame to legislate a solution to Barack Obama’s temporary immigration fix popularly known as DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
Predictably, Gutierrez offered up zero proof of Kelly being a supposed “white supremacist.” On the contrary, common sense dictates that during Kelly’s 42-years of military service, he regularly entrusted his very life to fellow Marines of every race, creed, color and religion.
But being a man of honor, Kelly has responded to Gutierrez’s slanderous and factless tirade;
White House Chief of Staff John Kelly fired back at a prominent House Democrat who called him a “disgrace to the uniform,” in the Gold Star father and retired Marine Corps general’s first public response to the personal attack on his service.
Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez had leveled the criticism at Kelly over his support of President Trump’s decision to end a controversial program that shielded young illegal immigrants from deportation.
In an email to Fox News late Sunday, Kelly responded by saying Congress did “nothing” to help so-called Dreamers when they had the chance.
“As far as the congressman and other irresponsible members of congress are concerned, they have the luxury of saying what they want as they do nothing and have almost no responsibility,” Kelly said. “They can call people liars but it would be inappropriate for me to say the same thing back at them. As my blessed mother used to say ‘empty barrels make the most noise.’”
He concluded, “The congressman has a right to his opinion.”
Proving that his comrade in arms, Gen. James “Chaos” Mattis isn’t the only quotable person in the Trump Administration, Trump’s C-o-S made headlines during the historic assault on Baghdad when he informed a nervous Los Angeles Times reporter who thought the heavily outnumbered Marines just may face defeat when they launched their offensive against the heavily defended Iraqi capital city;
“Hell these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Baghdad ain’t sh*t.”
Wasserman Shultz Angers the Wrong Marine…
Andre Taggart made the decision early in his life to register as a member of the Democratic Party, as is his right under the Constitution of the United States.
Say what you will about John Francis Kelly, but it’s a safe bet that any rational and objective person wouldn’t describe him as an “extremist”.
Patriotic, faithful, personally and morally courageous, yes… but never an extremist. Continue reading House Democrat calls Gen. Kelly ‘extremist’ who is ‘militarizing the White House’
John Kelly started life as a tough kid from a stereotypical patriotic, church-going, we-stick-together Irish-Catholic family from Boston. Continue reading Trump’s Chief-of-Staff: Reince Priebus out – General Kelly in
“Either the commander of the Fifty-First Mechanized Division is going to surrender his army in the field to me, or he and all his guys are going to die.” – Maj. Gen. James Mattis. 1st Marine Division CG, prior to the invasion of Iraq.
As most of our nation and the world becomes further acquainted with a certain General James N. “Jim” Mattis, USMC (Retired), many are starting to find out that he really isn’t all that thrilled with the “Mad Dog” moniker. Continue reading America, meet the ‘Chaos’ Mattis you never knew
The enemies of America just collectively said – oh, shit.
As just announced in Cincinnati, Ohio – Mad Dog Mattis will be the next Secretary of Defense.
President-Elect Trump just made the announcement before a SRO crowd in Cincinnati, Ohio.
I just finished my application to work in the Trump Administration.
While the vast majority of Americans enjoyed a turkey dinner with all the trimmings this Thanksgiving holiday, a mere handful of octogenarians and nonagenarians remember when a certain Thanksgiving didn’t smell like baked ham and apple pie, but of human flesh either burnt or bloated and rotting in the 115°F (46°C) equatorial heat. Continue reading The Marine Corps bloodiest Thanksgiving; Pvt. Haraldson finally comes home
“Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Baghdad ain’t shit.” – General John Kelly.
President-Elect Donald Trump is again raising eyebrows regarding two individuals he’s interviewed for possible cabinet positions – Gen. John Kelly, USMC (Retired), and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii). Continue reading Trump Interviews Gold Star Father, Marine General – Also Considers Hawaii Democrat
Tucker Carlson’s right leaning news portal The Daily Caller is ahead of the pack by reporting that President-Elect Donald Trump has made his decision regarding the Departments of Defense, State and Treasury. Continue reading Report: Trump picks Mad Dog Mattis, Mittens, Mnuchin
It’s music to the ears of every Marine; President-elect Trump is reportedly considering retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for Secretary of Defense. Continue reading Secretary of Defense: ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis in the Running
Old Corps, New Corps… now the Obama Corps.
Political correctness be damned. Arguably the greatest Marine who ever lived, the quotable Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell “Chesty” Puller once famously opined,
“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.” Continue reading The Spirit of Obama Claims Another Victim — Yoga for the Marine Corps
According to the Department of Veterans Affairs (via the Reuters news service), roughly 22 American military veterans kill themselves every day. That equates to one dead vet every 65 minutes. Especially with cases of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder through the roof, the Marine Corps is now taking flack for developing a “Spiritual Fitness” syllabus to strengthen any given Marine’s “mental resilience necessary for war.” Continue reading Atheists Threaten USMC with Lawsuit over ‘Spiritual Fitness’ Training
Cartwright pleads guilty to lying to the FBI…
According to the official directions of HQMC (Headquarters Marine Corps), the core values of every single person who wears the Eagle, Globe and Anchor are honor, courage and commitment.
Specifically falling under honor, it’s further defined that no Marine will ever “lie, cheat, or steal.”
Unfortunately, retired General James E. Cartwright seems to have forgotten those very simple truths. Either that, or he never believed in them to begin with. Continue reading Rotten to the Corps: ‘Obama’s Favorite General’ Pleads Guilty
Numerous unexploded devices found…
UPDATE: Fox News is reporting that in the trash bin where one device exploded, there were “three to four” other pipe bombs that failed to detonate.
Some may call it pure coincidence, other may call it an act of God. However one desires to frame the happenstance today in New Jersey, the slight delay in a race’s start time just may have saved more than a few from death or injury from a concealed pipe bomb. Continue reading New Jersey: Pipe bomb explodes at Marine Corps charity run
There are two maxims the US Marine Corps has understood for well over two centuries; “Only imbeciles and fools fight fair, and won’t do so for long” and “There is only one rule in war: When you win, you get to make up the rules.” Interestingly enough, the Spanish-American philosopher Jorge Santayana once famously opined, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Continue reading New ISIS English language video; Eiffel Tower destroyed, London and Rome next
For a third time, the campaign promise made by Team Obama/Biden during the 2012 presidential race has been matter-of-factly relegated to the dustbin of politics as usual. While Joe Biden’s promise to the American people that all US troops would be out of Afghanistan, in Biden’s words, “We are leaving in 2014. Period,” the truth of the matter is that particular Democratic Party talking point has proven itself to be a blatant lie.
It’s been almost a half a century since America stopped drafting poor and middle class males. Fortunately for the nation, in the 70s, 80s and 90s there were enough young men available to fill the ranks of America’s newly resurrected all-volunteer Armed Forces.
But that was then. This is now. Continue reading Precious Snowflake Alert: Time to bring back National Service
“If I don’t cooperate with them that they were going to do everything in their power to ensure that my mother would be deported.“ – US Marine threatened by military investigators.
As any Marine will tell you, it’s never a good thing when the enemy is making every attempt to kill you. And as the fighting Leathernecks of 1st Platoon, Fox Company will make equally clear, it’s worse when your own officers and government want you dead. Making the entire episode all the more disgusting, most Americans don’t even know anything about this.
We have met the enemy, and they are us.
As for the “Caveman” reference, that was my call sign in the Corps. With that said, I do ask that after viewing the below video that liberals don’t freak out, anti-gun nuts don’t go into melt-down, and that militant atheists go on a screed. Continue reading A Retired Marine’s 12 Days of Christmas – NSFD (Not Safe For Democrats)
While the ballyhoo and huzzahs at both the 2008 and 2012 Democratic National Conventions greeted Barack Obama’s promises to end America’s combat involvement in both Iraq and Afghanistan, not only has neither been honored, but now the same man who won the Nobel Peace Prize has ordered American combat troops into another Middle Eastern nation. As reported by Gregory Korte of USA TODAY on Oct. 31, 2015, and also by Nancy A. Youssef of The Daily Beast on Oct. 30, 2015, the campaign promises of Barack Obama are quite different from the orders given by Commander-in-Chief Obama.
During the coarse of his years in the White House, the community organizer from Waikiki has just shattered his oft-given pledge not to have the proverbial boots on the ground in Syria. While the Western media heaped über-homage on Obama during the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq in 2009, the same military exit was reversed by 2014, but not quite as well covered by the same media.
On the heels of it being publicly announced that “less than 50” American troops designated as Special Operations Forces will be deployed onto Syrian soil to “train and advise.” As The Daily Beast’s Youssef cited, the phrase “train and advise” is “the very same language the Pentagon used when it first sent a few hundred troops to Iraq a year ago. There are now 3,000 troops there…”
As USA TODAY’s Korte dug deep into the news archives, he uncovered a full 16 different occasions when Obama promised in public that no ground combat troops would ever be introduced into the middle of the Syrian civil war/terrorist invasion:
- So again, I repeat, we’re not considering any open-ended commitment. We’re not considering any boots-on-the-ground approach.” – Remarks before meeting with Baltic State leaders, Aug. 30, 2013
- “We would not put boots on the ground. Instead, our action would be designed to be limited in duration and scope.” – Remarks in the Rose Garden, Aug. 31, 2013
- “So the key point that I want to emphasize to the American people: The military plan that has been developed by our Joint Chiefs — and that I believe is appropriate — is proportional. It is limited. It does not involve boots on the ground. This is not Iraq, and this is not Afghanistan.” – Statement before meeting with congressional leaders, Sept. 3, 2013
- “I think America recognizes that, as difficult as it is to take any military action — even one as limited as we’re talking about, even one without boots on the ground — that’s a sober decision.” – News conference in Stockholm, Sweden, Sept. 4, 2013
- “The question for the American people is, is that responsibility that we’ll be willing to bear? And I believe that when you have a limited, proportional strike like this — not Iraq, not putting boots on the ground; not some long, drawn-out affair; not without any risks, but with manageable risks — that we should be willing to bear that responsibility.” – News conference in St. Petersburg, Russia, Sept. 6, 2013
- “What we’re not talking about is an open-ended intervention. This would not be another Iraq or Afghanistan. There would be no American boots on the ground.” – Weekly radio address, Sept. 7, 2013
- “Tomorrow I’ll speak to the American people. I’ll explain this is not Iraq; this is not Afghanistan; this is not even Libya. We’re not talking about — not boots on the ground. We’re not talking about sustained airstrikes.” – Interview with the PBS Newshour, Sept. 9, 2013
- “What I’m going to try to propose is that we have a very specific objective, a very narrow military option, and one that will not lead into some large-scale invasion of Syria or involvement or boots on the ground; nothing like that.” – Interview with CBS Evening News, Sept. 9, 2013
- “Many of you have asked, won’t this put us on a slippery slope to another war? One man wrote to me that we are ‘still recovering from our involvement in Iraq.’ A veteran put it more bluntly: ‘This nation is sick and tired of war.’ My answer is simple: I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria.” – Address to the Nation, Sept. 10, 2013
- “We are doing everything we can to see how we can do that and how we can resource it. But I’ve looked at a whole lot of game plans, a whole lot of war plans, a whole bunch of scenarios, and nobody has been able to persuade me that us taking large-scale military action even absent boots on the ground, would actually solve the problem.” – Interview on Bloomberg View, Feb, 27, 2014
- “With respect to the situation on the ground in Syria, we will not be placing U.S. ground troops to try to control the areas that are part of the conflict inside of Syria.” – News conference in Newport, Wales, Sept. 5, 2014
- The notion that the United States should be putting boots on the ground, I think would be a profound mistake. And I want to be very clear and very explicit about that.” – Interview with Meet the Press, Sept. 7, 2014
- “I want the American people to understand how this effort will be different from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will not involve American combat troops fighting on foreign soil.” – Address to the Nation on Syria, Sept. 10, 2014
- “Right now we’re moving forward in conjunction with outstanding allies like Australia in training Iraqi security forces to do their job on the ground.” – News conference in Brisbane, Australia, Nov. 16, 2014
- “The resolution we’ve submitted today does not call for the deployment of U.S. ground combat forces to Iraq or Syria. It is not the authorization of another ground war, like Afghanistan or Iraq. … As I’ve said before, I’m convinced that the United States should not get dragged back into another prolonged ground war in the Middle East.” – Remarks at the White House, Feb. 11, 2015
- “It is not enough for us to simply send in American troops to temporarily set back organizations like ISIL, but to then, as soon as we leave, see that void filled once again with extremists.” – Remarks at the Pentagon, July 6, 2015
As most Americans are unaware, by federal law those serving in the nation’s military are suppose to receive a yearly pay raise in accordance with a formula utilized by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The House of Representatives traditionally uses whatever figure the BLS sends them to factor into any given Fiscal Year Budget to be sent to the Commander-in-Chief.
Yet as reported by the Alabama Media Group (The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times, the Mobile Press-Register) on Aug. 31, 2015, members of the Armed Forces will see a barely visible 1.3 percent increase in their proverbial pay envelopes starting New Year’s Day. But as reported by the Heritage Foundation on Aug. 7, 2015, Barack Obama has again decided to use an emergency loophole in the US Code to keep the lawful pay raise of 2.3 percent from the troops.
With the Family Obama still shaking the sand out of their shoes from yet another taxpayer subsidized Cape Cod vacation, Obama used the Chief Executive’s “economic emergency” provision to bypass the BLS formula, the House of Representatives, and Title 5 U.S.C., sections 5303(b) and 5304 (a) to cut military pay. Citing multiple sources here, Obama used the same excuse to slash the legally mandated pay raises from Fiscal Years 2014 and 2015.
As cited by USmilitary.about.com, the highest pay raise the military received between 1976 and 2009 was during the Reagan presidency, the 1982 pay raise was the highest ever at 14.3 percent. During Reagan’s administration, the smallest military pay raise he ever approved was 2.0 percent in 1988. During the Obama years, the pay raise approvals for the Uniformed Services have seen a steady decline:
- 2009 – 3.9%
- 2010 – 3.4%
- 2011 – 1.4%
- 2012 – 1.6%
- 2013 – 1.7%
- 2014 – 1.0%
- 2015 – 1.0%
- 2016 – 1.3%
While those serving in the Armed Forces are available and considered subject to immediate recall at any time, the lower pay increase translates to a Pay Grade E-4 (Corporal, Petty Officer 3d Class, Specialist 4, Senior Airman) will earn less than $3.00 an hour. Under the 2016 pay scale, a Pay Grade E-1 undergoing recruit training will be paid roughly $2.15 an hour.