I’ll cut to the chase;
- President Trump held a rally last night at the Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark in Billings, Montana.
- Bathhouse Barry held a rally today at Foellinger Auditorium, located on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
OK, so far I’ve cited specifically where both rallies were held.
Let’s go a bit deeper…
- According to the official website of the City of Billings, the city’s population stands at 169,676.
- According to data from the US Census Department, the Champaign-Urbana, IL Metro Area population is 239,872.
I guess it goes without saying that both Billings and Urbana would qualify as medium sized cities. So how close are either to any given political party’s large-sized city?
- The largest Republican stronghold closest to Billings would be Salt Lake City, UT, a city with a metro area of slightly larger than a million. SLC is also a 9-hour drive from Billings.
- However, the Democrat stronghold of Chicago has a population of nearly 10 million people. Oh, by the way, Greater Chicagoland is a mere hour drive to Urbana.
Kristen Inbody of the Great Falls (MT) Tribune reported that the particular venue President Trump held the rally of the party faithful was attended by 10,000 people.
According to the official website of the University of Illinois, specifics in regards to venue information for Foellinger Auditorium;
- Following are the number of seats in the auditorium by level.
- Main floor: 723 seats
- Second floor: 638 seats
- Total: 1,361 seats
You mean to tell me in Obama’s backyard, the best venue they could get for their official rock star was a lecture hall?
Why didn’t Team Obummer lock on Chicago’s Soldier Field? That stadium hold 67,000 people.
But I’m sure CNN and MSNBC did everything in their power to give the illusion that thousands upon thousands of people actually give a damn about Obama stuttering his way through a speech.