According to an press release issued by the office of Rep Mo Brooks (R-AL), an email originating from an official US Army email address has openly stated that anyone so much as saying “MAGA” or even has the gall to utter “there’s only one human race” are blatant signs of racism.
More specifically, white supremacy.
According to the release, “The email, sent by “Chaney P. Pickard” (per the emails, Pickard is with the U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Center), via an official government email address: “Chaney.email@example.com”. The invitation was sent to an unknown number of recipients, but likely in the thousands if the invitation went to all Redstone Arsenal Army civilian and uniformed personnel.”
Yet whoever Chaney P. Pickard is, the same email claims to have both the imprimatur and nihil obstat of the US Army, claiming; “it is by the ‘U.S. Army Equity & Inclusion Agency’ and ‘Assistant Secretary of the Army – Manpower and Reserve Affairs'”.
Furthermore, Congressman Brooks’ office specified, “The illegal, racist and politically partisan material includes a pyramid graphic that claims the following are evidence of “White Supremacy”, and, hence, racism:”
- Using the phrase “Make America Great Again”
- “Education Funding from Property Taxes”
- “Calling the Police on Black People”
- Using the phrase “All Lives Matter”
- “Denial of White Privilege”
- “Inequitable Healthcare”
- “Anti-Immigration Policies”
- “English-Only Initiatives”
- “Celebration of Columbus Day”
- Talking about American “Exceptionalism”
- “Claiming Reverse-Racism”
- Stating “There’s Only One Human Race”
- And dozens more!
For his part, Rep Brooks has stated, “Heads should roll,” and “The U.S. Army is not the place for political indoctrination or reeducation experimentation.”