“The issue is now clear. It is between light and darkness and everyone must choose his side…”
Ronald Reagan was made out of Teflon. Bill Clinton was simply bulletproof. Barack Obama? That guy is both as well as untouchable.
The litany of abuses and scandals that swirl around Obama as well as nip at the heels of his administration could at least be described as dizzying.
But just for the moment, let’s put aside accusations off to the side. Instead, let’s just focus on the flat-out lies that Obama says over and over and over and over.
Not chronological or by any means all inclusive, here is just a small number of flat-out lies that have fallen from the lips of Obama:
- “I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- “Not a smidgen of scandal.” – Feb. 2, 2014
- “If American workers are being denied their right to organize when I’m in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes and I will walk on that picket line with you as president of the United States.” – Nov. 3, 2007
- Green energy and infrastructure rebuilding will create 7 million new jobs. – various occasions in 2008
- “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years. – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- “When I’m president, we’ll work to see that no retiree making less than $50,000 each year has to pay income tax.” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period
.” – Multiple occasions from 2008 to 2013.
- “Will double federal funding for cancer research within 5 years, focusing on NIH (National Institutes of Health) and NCI (National Cancer Institute).” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.” – From 2007 through 2013.
- “Require that employers provide seven paid sick days per year – which may be taken on an hourly basis – so that Americans with disabilities can take the time off they need without fear of losing their jobs or a paycheck.” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- “Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors — saving them an average of $1,400 a year– and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all.” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- “I’ll give an annual ‘State of the World’ address to the American people in which I lay out our national security policy.” – Oct. 2, 2007.
- “Will require oil companies to take a reasonable share of their record-breaking windfall profits and use it to provide direct relief worth $500 for an individual and $1,000 for a married couple.” – Aug. 4, 2008.
- “I will report to the American people every year on the State of our Energy Future.” – Oft-promised during first run at the White House.
- The terrorist attack in Benghazi was caused by “a video” made by “some shadowy character.” – After the Sept. 11, 2012 attack.
The worst pat of all this? That by-and-large, the American people just don’t care.
What Defensor Fidei GK Chesterton said many years ago still rings true today:
The issue is now clear. It is between light and darkness and everyone must choose his side.