In an “emergency meeting” the General Assembly of the United Nations voted overwhelmingly to condemn the American decision to relocate the US embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Never mind that it’s none of the UN’s business where the United States places any of its embassies
- Never mind that the United States gives far more to the UN’s coffers than any other member nation
- Never mind that not a single one of our NATO alleged “allies” voted with us
- Never mind that Israel captured East Jerusalem after they were attacked by a Arab-Muslim nation
With the obvious exception of the United States voting against its own condemnation, the remaining eight nations voting against the resolution have a combined square mile area roughly the size of North and South Carolina combined.
But then again, most UN member states would face an uphill battle to qualify for an American area code.
- One hundred and twenty eight countries voted in favor condemning the United States
- Nine countries voted against
- Thirty five abstained
- Twenty one nations didn’t even bother to show up for the vote
Yet in a strange sort of way, the abstaining and absent nations very well may have been paying attention to Amb. Haley’s promise that the United States would remember who voted to condemn their sugar daddy.
128 countries voted in favor of the resolution rejecting President Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, 9 voted against, 35 abstained.
How each country voted: pic.twitter.com/rXLi2CjBmQ
— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 21, 2017