Looking for the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia for Great-Grandpa Beauregard Robert Edward Longstreet Stonewall Calhoun’s 100th birthday?
If you plan on swinging by Walmart, forget it. They stopped selling everything Confederate a long time ago.
But if your weird Uncle Damien (the one always dressed in black, white face powder, and never invited to Thanksgiving dinner) is in need of a copy of The Satanic Rituals: Companion to The Satanic Bible, the store that advertises itself as Save Money. Live Better is certainly the place you’ll want to give your business.
As far as the bevy of Satanic products for sale at the big-box giant, ChurchMilitant.com reported on their pushback;
Church Militant reached out to Walmart Corporate representatives with the following questions:
- Why is Walmart selling this product, as it appears connected to the diabolical?
- Would Walmart remove it from its stores?
- How do Walmart executives reconcile Walmart’s motto: “to save and have a better life” and the sale of this product?
- Do they think promoting Church of Satan statues will help customers have a better life?
- What do you think Sam Walton would say about the sale of this product in his stores?
Walmart representatives have not responded as of press time.
The reaction on social media has been largely negative.
Interestingly enough, when Walmart axed the Confederate flag during the summer of 2015, Forbes.com reported;
We never want to offend anyone with the products that we offer,” Walmart spokesperson Brian Nick told CNN. “We have taken steps to remove all items promoting the confederate flag from our assortment — whether in our stores or on our web site.”
“We have a process in place to help lead us to the right decisions when it comes to the merchandise we sell. Still, at times, items make their way into our assortment improperly — this is one of those instances.”
At the 2:34 mark of the below video, Church Militant noted Walmart’s Satanic merchandise for sale;