I may not be a Latin scholar, but I do know that “multi” is from the Latin (multus) meaning “many” or “much”.
Also with the knowledge that some may brand me as a bad guy for posting this, the conservative group YAF (Young America’s Foundation) posted a video of a young black student at UVA specifically telling white students to beat feet.
But on a personal note, allow me to opine that if this were a white kid telling black kids to haul-ass, quicker than you could say “Covington Catholic kids”, this would be the lead story on every Establishment Media outlet.
Leftists at the University of Virginia are dictating who is and who isn’t allowed in the new Multicultural Student Center.
“Frankly there is just too many white people in here, and this is a space for people of color.”
This kind of racist intolerance is NOT multicultural. pic.twitter.com/XkefKqfqLA
— YAF (@yaf) February 12, 2020
Now that you’ve seen the video, also allow me to state that if black students at UVA (or any other school for that matter) so desire to start-up and/or join groups, clubs or organizations that are black-centric, I don’t care… really, I don’t.
I’ll even go a step further that I believe it to be important to be proud of one’s culture and ethnic heritage.
With that aside, as far as “too many white people in here”, as cited by the official UVA student directory, here are the groups officially sanctioned by the school specifically designed and for Americans of African descent;
- Black Girls RUN!
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People at UVA
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Zeta Eta Chapter (Historically black fraternity)
- T.A.N.G.L.E.S at UVA (Support group to assist “African American women and their hair care”)
- United Sisters
In a separate official listing of university approved organizations;
- Black Business Student Association
- Black Commerce Student Network at McIntire
- Black Graduate and Professional Student Organization at the University of Virginia
- Black Student Alliance
- Black Student Research Network
- Black Voices Gospel Choir
- Delta Sigma Theta (Historically black sorority)
- My Sister’s Keeper
- National Association of Black Journalists at UVA
- Paul Robeson Players
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Theta Lambda Chapter (Historically black sorority)
- Undergraduate Black Law Students Association
- Women of Color at Virginia Law
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Tau Theta Chapter (Historically black sorority)