Call it payback, divine retribution, karma… call it what you will, but in a recent poll by Yahoo Finance, the NFL honchos move to align themselves with the anti-American, pro-Colin Kaepernick elements within the league have just seen seen their efforts blast back in their collective faces.
In what Yahoo Finance contributor Rick Newman referred to as both an “existential” and an “enduring” problem, Roger Goodell’s business plan may need another look.
In a poll of 12,500 interviewed;
- Nearly 62% of 9,056 respondents told us they plan to watch less pro football in response to the anthem controversy
- Thirty-six percent said they plan to buy less NFL merchandise
- Thirty-two percent have chosen not to attend a game they would otherwise have gone to
- Slightly over 77 percent feel it’s wrong for players to kneel during the National Anthem
- The controversy made 53 percent more supportive of President Trump, while less than 20 percent feel less supportive
Regarding how they would feel if the players and team owners experience “lasting financial harm”;
- It would bum me out 10.21%
- I wouldn’t care 30.12%
- I would be pleased 47.20%
Read the entire survey here.